Friday, July 8, 2011

Arrival

Here! In England!
(Note: I'm going to over-excite you with exclamation points by the way... be careful if you have hypertension, are on meds, or may be pregnant... Or just enjoy the update, ya know.)


So the last day with mi familia was a little hard-- I kept getting super sentimental and shoving it back down. Admittedly, lunch as fabulous Pappadeux helped ease my nerves. My parents dropped me off and I choked out a "Goodbye, I love you!" before heading through security (not too hard, actually, but I had to pull my external hard-drive out of my carry-on bag and remove it from it's nest of scarves. Sure the other guys in line looooved that...). Then I waited. For like three hours. Because we get nervous about time like that, lol.


About ten minutes after I finished my novel, they called for us and we got on this gigantic plane. (My carry-on aka hand luggage aka small wheeled suitcase aka wheelie bag <-- (my fav!) didn't even have to go in the over-head bins but got tucked into a cupboard because the overhead bin over me was full. On the other flight, there was enough space for me to have my own bin. So we really didn't have to sweat over the strict airport size regulations.) The seat next to me was empty, which was MAGNIFICENT on such a crowded plane.


The guy in the window seat was really cool; he was leading a mission trip to East Asia with a ministry called the Burn which seems like a fairly legit ministry. We swapped called-by-God, God-is-awesome, look-what-God-did stories for the hour before dinner and now we are prayer buddies for our trips. Oh, and he knows Gilbert Morris! This  dude. Pretty cool-- I gave him my writer's card to pass along to friend Gilbert. (Dinner was curried chicken... it was pretty good, thankfully the one kind of curry I actually like, lol. The cheesecake was good; the roll saddened me. Mom, you or Allie would have been depressed by the quality of the carbs offered...) Watched a movie (thoughts at www.ellakkat.blogspot.com) and slept, my dreams punctuated by one of the kiddos on board about every hour. Breakfast was served (about par with dinner) and then I was in London, a nine hour flight that took me fifteen hours into the future. :)
London to Manchester was a hop, skip, and a jump, though we had a nicer plane than Waco to Dallas. Arrival was easy (customs and all happened in London) and I wrestled all my bags out to the pick-up area.


Rachel picked me up along with James, a gentleman from the church. The ride to Lincoln found me sleeping again and then we got here, to this wonderful little house I'm staying in. With these fantastic people who are becoming quick friends.


So more about settling in when I write tomorrow (this is waaay too long already but it's an adventure! Within an adventure!)


For now, please be praying I won't be overwhelmed by my work here, that God will do great things here, and that I will be obedient and draw near to the Lord.


How can I be praying for you?


Internationally Yours,
Cait

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it! Praying for you and we can't wait to hear more. I am glad your travels there were uneventful....definitely a blessing!

    ReplyDelete