Sunday, August 21, 2011

21 and counting

Hello dear friends and famalia (fam-ah-lee-ah, because I'm like my mom sometimes),

I miss you all. I miss simply hanging out with people my age for fun. I miss being surprised by parties with family friends when I was home for the weekend. I miss skipping through the halls and saying hi to all my previous teachers. I'm okay--don't worry, I have lots a friends and things going on here. But it is odd seeing all the back-to-school posts on Facebook and not being part of that busy, preparing, nerve-wracking, exciting time. I hope the Pirates go all the way in play-offs so I can make a few tail-end games. I can't wait to get back and see my church families in Dallas and in  Crawford.

It's been a slow week for activities-- pretty much spent all day every day getting ready for Holiday Club (our VBS) and reading library books. I've read a good bit (surprise surprise) and got to re-read Howl's Moving Castle which is one of those books that reminds me why I am a writer. I discovered a long-suppressed almost liking for Country Music after watching Country Strong. Good movie. I'm sure there was a splash of nostalgia and a dollop of it's-after-ten-pm which promoted me to buy the soundtrack but I do like the music.

Not having tons to do has left me some time to think. For the first time I can remember, there is no set course for me after what's going on now. In school, there was always another grade, another year of college, and plans in place. But God really re-mixed my plans with England. I am officially a college grad now, though I will walk in December. This put me in the I-need-a-grown-up-job phase a little sooner than planned. So that's something I'm praying about. I have no idea what I want to do-- I want to work for Disney, I want to sing and act, I want to make a living as a writer, I want to get married and keep a nice home, I want bees, I want to be creative, I want to not have to worry about money, I want to study mythology and folklore in Grad school, I want God to just tell me what to do!

This morning was my first Sunday in actual church (the youth go out mid-service as do the kids and I've been in their Sunday Schools) and we had communion. Andrew preached about worship and talked about William Carey, the first missionary, who went to India. When he talked about Carey, something stirred in my soul. I got goosebumps. I thought about Shibani (my compassion child that I support with Mom) and how she asked me when I could visit her. This stirring, these ideas are terrifying. I don't want to move to India! I don't know what God's plan is, but he did let me know fairly early on that India is in my future (there was a month freshman year where I could. not. get. away. from India) and I feel like that is coming up. Hunches and freezing in place do not a good future make, though. For now, I am praying about January. I am finishing my book and sending it to agents soon. I am looking at grad schools and writing-type jobs. The future seems a lot closer on this side of 21 and it's scary, but God has brought me this far and I know he has a plan for me (Jeremiah 29:11, thank you DBU). Plans for my future. And Holiday Club next week!

Please be praying that I get some direction and purpose in my life. I feel a bit like a ship sans moorings. Pray that children attend the Holiday Club and that God moves in strong ways. Pray for the students as they head back to school. I'll be praying for new school years for all y'all, is there anything else I can pray about for you?
Thanks for caring and for coming and reading!

Internationally Yours,
Cait

PS: I've also been catching myself acting and saying things like my  mom more and more lately... scary huh? :)
Love you Mom!

PPS: This radio station has been really encouraging me today, check it out: http://www.air1.com/
It's like every thing I talked to God about was being answered by songs as I prayed about them. God is kinda cool like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment