Sunday, August 28, 2011

Holiday Club

Holiday Club was great! It was a ton of hard work but it all paid off. For four days, I got to dress up as a spy and share a Bible story on stage and then make sure everything went really smooth. We went through the story of Moses (Undercover, Your Mission, Mission Accomplished!) and the kids did a really great job of learning and remembering the story. They listened in the morning, participated in games, music, and crafts, and behaved beautifully! We had maybe two discipline problems all week and one issue with timing-- it was a really smooth week! With around 30 kids, we had a small club but it was a good number for the amount of adult volunteers we had. 


Friday was a quick trip to Skegness for the beach. Unfortunately, it was wet and freezing! The rain did stop after lunch but the sand was too wet to be any fun. Instead, we hung out in a fair-type area where we rode carnival rides and got hot chocolate. It was a fun day over all.


This Saturday, I went to Grapevine with some of the families in the church. This group of families is like we used to be at Western Heights-- they all hang out together and have known each other forever. They come to everything at church and their kids are either in attendance or helping out at most events. One of the moms picked me up and I joined the crew of older teens (as well as Hilary) for the day. The Shepherd's got me there and got my ticket while the Bridgewoods made sure I got fed. We went to a mid-day worship session and then two afternoon seminars before an evening session and then a late-night worship for teens. The speakers were really good and the music was great too. It was like being at church camp, but for families. Most of the families from the church are camping out but I had to be at church this morning. Hopefully I can go out again tomorrow (it's a bank holiday) and share some baking with them this time. :) 


This week has been long and busy-- my iPhone broke too and it was really frustrating because the closest Apple store is like an hour away and I obviously can't drive myself. Not having my phone made me feel really disconnected from home, especially with everyone my age on holiday and few people around to just hang out. But getting psudo-adopted and going to Grapevine helped and hanging out with Neil and Rachel is always fun. Today has been a resting, refueling, cleaning, and organizing day. Yesterday was great for unwinding and hanging out and this week will be more of a getting-ready week. Stuff starts back up at church next week, events and things. 


Thank you all for praying-- I know the prayers help! I am enjoying my time here-- I like working for the church and I've been spending some great time with God. I have time to read for fun too :) It's been a great adventure so far!


How can I pray for you this week?


Internationally yours,
Cait



No comments:

Post a Comment